Url Shortners are highly useful links on Microblogging platform. Apart from mobile blogging these are highly useful for sharing links on e-mail or IM a link as big urls can break in IM and e-mail. Here comes the uses of Url shortening services which can even mask the ultimate link location. Here is a filtered list (use wise) of 10 useful Url Shortners for Microblogging & Link Sharing on IM:
- tinyurl: TinyURL,can make a smaller URL that will work for any page on your site. tiny URL that will not break in email postings and never expires.
- bit.ly : TinyURL,can make a smaller URL that will work for any page on your site. tiny URL that will not break in email postings and never expires.
- is.gd : Is a service that shortens URLs such as web addresses for emails, forum posts, blogs etc. which cannot handle long URLs and might wrap them, making them unclickable.
- snipurl.com : SnURL, Snipr and SnipURL are the exact same domain. Whichever you choose, just snip your long links to shorter ones with it.
- tr.im : Just trim long urls to short one with tr.im. The url name is great and work is good too.
- ABE5.com : is a fully-automated short URL service that generates a shorter version of the web address.
- Gog.is : Gog.is is highly useful for sharing links on e-mail or IM a link to a Google search results as it can map your search queries with Google Search Engine.
- Mapof.it is a quick way to link to Google Maps by simply specifying the address of the location as a search parameter.
For Friendfeed & Twitter
- ff.im : This is a special Url redirect service made by Friendfeed to shorten their Urls. When you click on it you will be redirected Friendfeed.com
- twurl.nl: This Url is specially to track down links you share on Twitter or Friendfeed. Just drag a link to it and it will automatically return the shortened Url.
Hope you all will love using them.